Skip to content

PEDv – Entry Permit Clarification

February 14, 2014

Regarding PEDv blog released 2/12/14 – This is to clarify what an entry permit means in regards to an Interstate Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (ICVI).  If a person from Arkansas goes to Oklahoma or any other state and purchases a show hog a veterinarian in that state would be contacted to write an ICVI for entry into Arkansas.  The veterinarian that issues the ICVI would call my office and give Arkansas Livestock and Poultry information on the movement of the show hog into Arkansas.  The entry permit is something that the vet does to give my office knowledge of the movement of the hog before it arrives in Arkansas.  An ICVI is commonly called a health certificate.

George Pat Badley, DVM
AR State Veterinarian

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: